In summary, you should hate MMA because of the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC). So the list goes:
- Joe Rogan. He just has no good criticisms. Who would have anything worth saying with a mouth full of meat and bung-hole?
- BS Scoring. I’ve been in a bunch of brawls and one on ones, and if a guy was leaning on someone’s hip against a fence it didn’t mean he was winning. Cage control and ground control is moot when nobody’s submitting and nobody is getting pummeled.
- Bruce Buffer. What a hack, underachieving half-brother desperately chasing the shadow of Micheal Buffer, a real announcer. The snapping, exaggerated, trying too hard, circus introductions are so apropos for this WWE showcase.
- The best fighter in the world is in Strikeforce. Fedor is the boss.
- The limiting rules. It used to be the limited rules, but that’s when the UFC was realistic.
- The lies. The UFC is a hype machine fooling millions of people that these guys are really elite. It’s not refined enough yet, so there are plenty of bums among the good guys. The UFC promotes for idiot fans and a lot of punks. The cheap heavy metal music is proof enough. The mediocre is sold as spectacular. Roy Jones wouldn’t have been fooled that Forrest Griffin was a main event fighter. Even most of the bums Roy fought had proven records, not 16-6.
- Dana White. What a jerk. He is like a Nazi. He cares nothing about the growth of mma. He matches up guys against their best interest and he makes judgments to ban people for mishaps that are irrelevant to fighting. That’s business, but it doesn’t actually help the sport. His tyranny allows him to criticize Anderson Silva for not being exciting – Silva’s job, as a legitimate sportsman, is to win and that is it. He’ll whine and pout like a spoiled, bratty college kid who didn’t get to max-out mommy’s credit card. And fighters have to prove themselves to him? Check the TUF series in which he asks for fighters to sacrifice their dignity and to “beg the best” for a shot. White needs checks and balances to offset his idiocy. Fighters need personal representation and not to sign their potential careers away to a circus act that is the UFC.
- Joe Rogan. Did I mention that he is a cheerleading groupie who sucks-off all the fighters?
- The Ultimate Fighter (TUF). What a bunch of coddled, upper-middle class hicks who think they’re tough because their high schools each had 500 or so kids who they were tougher than. Anyone could try out for TUF, get lucky, and show up on the UFC. Where is the humility that is born from really being a fighter and knowing that there is always someone tougher than you are?
- Football-like paint on the face hyped ring walks. Any fighter knows to stay calmer than these psyched up morons. You don’t have to psyche yourself up, you’re in a fight.
- There is only one Anderson Silva. It’s not his fault crap competition is making him think he could box Roy Jones.
- Soft chins. Wow, I don’t want to hear the small glove argument. When you have guys getting knocked out with jabs, a la Kimbo Slice, you know there is a huge problem with the weeding out of chumps in mma. When a boxer realizes his chin is as weak as some mma guys, he doesn’t even turn amateur.
* The ideas expressed in submitted articles are not necessarily the views of ShootaFairOne.com